The War Memorial Park in Coventry was officially opened in 1921 to honour the lives lost during World War One however building continued on the development until 1927. Covering an area of approximately 49 hectares, the park is segregated into 2 areas, the formal garden which houses the memorial and the sports area. The park is well utilised by the residents and Coventry City Council elected to provide a water park play feature which is known as the Splash N Play Park.
The water feature is open to the public from May until September and incorporates a central water jet feature with 36 nozzles and a further 4 features located around the perimeter. ‘Popits’, ‘Water Ring’, ‘Mushroom’ and ‘Drencher’ are firm favourites with younger children through to early teens.
The original system was not designed taking account of the features popularity and B+W were commissioned to act as a main contractor undertaking the refurbishment of the facility. In addition to the various civil works and new perimeter fencing, B+W extensively upgraded the existing filtration plant facility providing a higher specification of treatment suitable for the thousands of visitors to the feature each year.
Other facilities at in the park include a pitch and putt golf course, tennis courts, football pitches, green bowls and a putting green.