Maryhill Baths has been derelict for over 20 years until the opening of the extensively re-modelled facility. First opened on 30th May 1898, the building is Grade-B listed, with refurbishment requiring the use of many original features such as the primary slate roof, stone frontage and cast iron columns, all having an adverse effect on the project budget.
The site originally featured a single 75-foot pool, twenty-five private baths for men with only six for women, thirty-six wash stalls and two washing machines in the traditional ‘steamie’.
This extensive project has turned the original wash house into a cutting edge leisure centre with a 25-metre swimming pool, baby splash pool with water features, a health suite and a large gym. The site also incorporates an indoor sports hall, dance and spin studios.
B+W was responsible for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of the 25-metre pool and baby splash pool filtration and water treatment plants, which both utilise UV for primary disinfection.