UK Based – Salary dependent on experience + pension + benefits
Provide quality engineering draughting services to produce mechanical plant and pipework layouts including thermal cabin sections and elevations from architects and structural engineer’s designs.
To achieve this, the successful applicant must be proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit as well as AutoCAD.
- Working with engineers to produce precise design plans, sections, schematics, etc.
- Prepare high quality 3D models and visualizations.
- Liaise with other disciplines to manage the interface in Revit/CAD between details produced and other party's requirements.
- Supporting and mentoring junior members of the team with technical expertise.
- Ensuring your drawing work is fully coordinated, avoiding clashes, and accurately integrated within the design.
- Producing Revit / CAD drawings to programmed timescales.
- Ensuring accurate referencing of drawings including updating revision status and ensure all drawing issues are accompanied with a drawing issue register.
- Liaise with other designers and consultants as required.
Practical Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Autodesk Revit modelling and process plant applications, working to the latest release.
- Experience in Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Experienced CAD operator capable of working to the latest releases.
- Willing, enthusiastic and flexible in their approach to work.
- Intuitive approach to design and problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Understanding of construction process.
- Able to comply and maintain the company's BIM / Revit / CAD standards and workflows.
- MEP knowledge (preferred but not necessary).
- Reliable and self-motivated individual.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
Specific Job Requirements
- Will be predominately office based with occasional site visits.