Glasgow Based - Salary dependent on experience + pension + benefits
Barr + Wray Ltd are looking to recruit a BIM Manager. You will report directly to the Projects Manager and be responsible for the work of the BIM Technician team, liaising with project management team on modelling/AutoCAD Revit specifics, providing accurate and detailed pool, plant and thermal cabin models and sheeted drawings for installation. You will also deal with external clients and suppliers on BIM related topics and lead the successful delivery of BIM on relevant projects.
• Provide weekly accountability of work progress and ensure targets are set, monitored, and achieved.
• Provide guidance, support and mentoring to the Revit/BIM technicians
• Manage the family creation process and library additions
• Develop internal BIM standards and ensure draughting team are adhering to them
• Liaise directly with the project team to deliver clash-free pool and plant models.
• Assist Projects Manager in BIM resource projection & planning
• Understanding project BEP’s and ensuring all requirements are met
• Assist in managing outsourced BIM works where required
• Ensure that the standards of work are in line with internal processes and procedures.
• Drive the process of achieving BIM Level 2 accreditation
The successful candidate would ideally be able to demonstrate:
• A good technical knowledge with – preferably - experience of the industry.
• Excellent communication skills: ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
• High level of self-motivation, organisational ability and drive to meet deadlines.
• Highly proficient in use of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and AutoCAD
• Detailed knowledge of BIM, inc. requirements for BIM Level 2, COBie, PAS1192, etc.
• Recognised CAD/Revit college or university qualification/accreditation.
• Have experience of production of complex 3D MEP models
• Possess sufficient software (Revit and bolt-on’s) experience to facilitate troubleshooting of any issues which may arise
• Experience using Common Data Environments, such as Conject or Aconex.
• Ability to work on multiple projects, for public and private sector clients.
Salary: £35K - £45K depending on experience