Maryhill Baths has lain derelict for over 20
years until the opening of the extensively remodelled facility. It first
opened on 30th May 1898 - the building is Grade-B listed with
refurbishment requiring the use of many original features such as the
primary slate roof, stone frontage and cast iron columns, all having an
adverse effect on the project budget.
The site originally featured a single 75 feet
pool, 25 private baths for men with only 6 for women, 36 wash stalls and
2 washing machines in the traditional ‘steamie’.
This extensive project has turned the original
wash house into a state of the art leisure centre with 25m swimming
pool, baby splash pool with water features, a health suite and large
gym. The site also incorporates an indoor sports hall, dance and spin
B+W were responsible for the design, supply,
installation and commissioning of the 25m Pool and Baby Splash Pool
Filtration and Water Treatment Plants which both utilise ultra violet sterilisation for primary disinfection.